Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow

Friday 13 January 2012

Downstairs windows are in except for the laundry

Things are moving again after the Christmas break.  I went up on Wednesday to meet my independent inspector.  We got the invoice for the frame stage just after Christmas, so it was time to get someone in, independent of the builder, to check on the work completed so far.  Glad to say he didn't have anything too serious to report and I've forwarded his findings onto the builder for his feedback.

The downstairs windows have all been installed, except for the laundry window and when I look at the brickwork on the laundry, it looks to me like there are a few bricks that are going to need to be removed to fit it in.  Another email to the builder.



The brickwork is coming along.  Hard to believe it's just the one guy doing it all, but he's doing a brilliant job.  He said the downstairs walls might be finished by the week-end.  I'm going up to have a look tomorrow.

The verandah frame and posts are going up as well at the moment.  The verandah posts look great.  There was an issue with the pitch of the roof on the verandah and I thought the finished height of the verandah was going to have to drop, with the gutters ending up lower, but they've resolved the problem in a much better way by raising the edge of the verandah frame above the house walls.  A bit hard to explain, but it's a much better outcome than what I had expected.  I didn't capture that in a photo either, so I'll have to get one tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment