Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow

Sunday 15 January 2012

Upstairs gutters and fascia are on

Well, the downstairs brickwork is still going, but I was surprised to see the scaffolding on for the upstairs roof and the upstairs guttering and fascia went up on Friday, I've been told.  We've done the house gutters and fascia the same colour as the gutters, roller doors and down pipes on the shed - "woodland grey".  It looks like it will go with the brick colour quite well.  One of the Boral colour scheme pamphlets had "woodland grey" with "gun metal" (the colour we're doing the roof tiles) and "cream" (the window frames).

Although the window frames haven't been painted yet and if you look at the Dulux colours for the cream colour we've picked, it is actually listed as one of the whites.  It's called "Sarah's Place".  I kid you not.  Neil thinks that's the only reason I picked it out, but I can honestly say I've got 21 Dulux colour sample swatches and it is the one I prefer of all of them.  The closest thing to it was Chalk USA, which is slightly more beige, in my opinion.  I painted a picture frame which is roughly the width of the window frames and we went down to the Boral display centre in Wantirna to see it against the bricks, so Neil could get an idea of what it would look like.  Neil agreed with me that it was a good colour for the window frames.  Yay!  Any win is a good win.  But now that I've suggested Scallywag Quarter for the inside wall colour, he totally thinks I'm just going off names.  It's so close to Hog Bristle Quarter, it's not funny.  I bought a piece of plaster board and some sample pots so I can paint them up and get a proper idea of the colours.  I'm guessing I'm going to be pushing for Scallywag.  It would just be too awesome if it's perfect.

Anyway, here's the house with the upstairs gutter on, with pre-painted window frames.  You can see the finished shed in the background.  Oh and the laundry window is in now.  Yep, some bricks had to come out to fit it in.  Some more bricks are going to have to come out to do the window sill, but that's pretty obvious now.


And here's a picture of the frame for the verandah that I was talking about the other day.  See how at the house side, the frame is sitting on top of the roof frame to increase the pitch of the verandah roof.


No comments:

Post a Comment